Week #8

 

Lessons Learned

The 5 whys had some really great advice for anyone with a future in management. I really liked the idea of approaching just a small part of the problem instead of potentially wasting resources on each whys. I would assume after enough time having to work on the issue, people will want to resolve it 100% so it no longer gums up the process.


David Carrington said some really great stuff about his website that really resonated with me. David decided to not take advantage of Dale Earnhardt's family’s loss. I think it’s important to take a look at how we determine price sometimes and do what’s right over what we can get away with. I do this with my own business at large events by not increasing the costs of my goods beyond what I would normally sell them at and as a result, see more business than my competitors. 


In “You can do anything” the speaker pointed out that Nephi’s brothers were always saying he couldn’t do the thing the lord needed him to do. There are enough people in the world telling you that you can’t do it so not listening to others can be a good thing sometimes. 


Personal Thoughts & Impressions

The Salt Lake City temple took nearly 4 decades to complete and I never really thought about how many hardships they went through. Stories like this help me because as I go through my “struggles” I can think of the loyal saints who persisted in completing the temple. Even if you don’t believe in our faith, you have to admire the commitment to getting the temple done.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week #13

Week #12

Week 4